The Education Department currently offers non-paid internships for the fall, spring or summer. Our fall and spring internships require a minimum commitment of 15 hours a week. Fall internships begin in September and run through the end of December. Spring internships begin in January and run through the end of May. Summer internships require a minimum of 20 hours a week and begin in June and run through the end of August. In order to assist in your continued education, we are willing to work with school advisers to offer the needed documentation to obtain credit for the internship. A general job description for all internships is provided below.
- Assist with education programs, on-site and off-site
- Assist with signage and activities for zoo exhibits
- Assist with preparation and facilitation of events
- Assist with after hours programs
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, training and activities
- Assist with education program animal care, enrichment & handling
We also offer summer internships specifically connected to our summer camp program. If you are interested in applying for an internship, please fill out the provided application and return it to the Education Department by the date indicated.
Any additional questions can be addressed by calling the education department. We look forward to hearing from you.
(applications due by November 1st)
(applications due by April 1st)
(applications due by July 1st)